lundi, août 05, 2013

Our First Saturday

Saturday we walk to the nearby Mall.  Walking here is always perilous.  First, the sidewalks.  You better watch your steps!



I tell you!

We call it, Mon Mont Trottoir (My Mount Sidewalk)

We went by yesterday and the hole is twice as big.
But you better watch out a lot more when you go across a street!  I might be a girl from Montreal, and Michel often finds me a little too brave when I go across streets in Wilson, but here, not so.  I tremble as I hold on to Michel's arm and rush across streets.  Traffic is coming fast from three or four different directions, and no one will slow down for pedestrians.  By the way, when Father Paul picked us up from the airport we were amazed at his ability to maneuver through the heavy traffic.   I had never seen anything like this before.  Michel could not imagine being the driver.  

The Mall is huge, and fancy.  It feels like another world.




There is a very nice knitting store called Crochet.  

Daddy is standing on a palisade near Cafe Cielito, the Mexican version of Starbucks.  He is looking at the Church of Our Lady of Grace, where we went for our Sunday Masses obligation.  Actually we attended Mass on Saturday evenings.

And yest we had to go across.


The view from the top

Inside the Church

A bit dark, but I wanted to show you how high the ceiling is


Aucun commentaire:

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !