Don't worry, I will not post about everyday of our stay. But the first four days are a good example of how many interesting experiences our days have been filled with.
For lunch, remember at 2:00 pm, or later like today at past 2:30, we had a picnic in the spacious backyard. As a matter of fact no one else has a backyard in the neighborhood.
 |
| A sister coming down the steps that test your trust. No support for this one piece of cement. Same thing for the inside steps. |
 |
| Look Sister Martha without her veil. She didn't wear it the whole three weeks she was here. But just wait for further posts on the unveiled personality of Sister Martha. She is quite a hoot! |
 |
| My lunch, the closest thing we've had to American food. The steak was truly delicious. The cactus was something to get use to. |
 |
| Sister Claudia, the only time I saw her with her veil. She's a hoot too! She was singing and DOING the chicken dance just before lunch. |
 |
| Maybe Daddy needs his glasses to eat his lunch. |
 |
| Sisters of St Brigid. I didn't tell them we once had a cow named St Brigid. I probably wouldn't have been able to anyway. |
 |
| Quite exotic. For us anyway. |
 |
| They have a woodpile too. But I don't know why. There is no heating system whatsoever in the building, although it does get a bit chilly in the winter |
 |
| Neighbors |
 |
| We see a bit of the garden. |
Late afternoon, Michel and I took a walk. We went to Superama, which is own by Walmart. We had our first exposure to this city of contrasts.
Every house in the neighborhood owns a front gate.
 |
| I think Emma would like that one. |
 |
| Or maybe this one. |
 |
Daddy wants this door too. He has a thing for doors, don't you think?
 |
Right around the corner is this children's party place. They have a huge inflatable play space inside. On another walk we saw a huge dinosaur piñata in the garbage outside the building. I know all my grandchildren would like this place.
|
 |
| How about that? |
|
 |
| Nice Superama! |
 |
| Eggs! Not refrigerated! Shocked! You just wait till I post about the following Sunday and our visit to the market, THAT was shocking. |
 |
Back home through the little door. Don't trip. Oops he did!
 |
| Inside the gate. The building has two wings. We were on the right (you can't see it), as yesterday (8/3/13) we are now on the third floor on the left. |
 |
| The chapel is in the tower. Behind is the right wing. |
|
2 commentaires:
The chicken dance! Haha. Clearly it just follows du sablons around.
"Sisters of St Brigid. I didn't tell them we once had a cow named St Brigid. I probably wouldn't have been able to anyway" - made me laugh!
Love reading along with your trip! You are greatly missed here by all! Prayers for safe travels back home!
Publier un commentaire