mercredi, janvier 19, 2011

Yarn Along (January 19, 2011)

Another Yarn Along with Ginny.

This week I knitted two hats for Tobias, one too small (he is wearing it in the pictures from my last post) and another one that hopefully will fit better.  The yarn for both is Bare Knit Picks Stroll.  The pattern for the first one was from the book itty-bitty Nursery by Susan B. Anderson.  The second one picture here is from Natural Nursery Knits, by Erika Knight.


I also have been knitting a few legwarmers.  They are very easy and quick to knit.  This week has been busy and my brain couldn't quite handle complicated patterns. They are all from the book Knitting at Home, by Leanne Prouse.  The first two pairs were sent to Lydia today, the last is one is for Dominique.  Maybe these will help soothe his growing pain (his legs often hurt at night).



 This first pair was knitted with Wool of the Andes in Pampas Heather. 


These are made with Knit Picks new Chroma yarn, a very lovely soft lofty yarn.  The colorway is New England, in worsted weight.

 For Dominique I picked Mesa.

Laurence is reading Farmer Boy!  I can't believe my youngest is now reading this beloved series.  I couldn't count how many times these books have been read here throughout the years.

8 commentaires:

Elizabeth a dit...

Oh I love all of your leg warmers. such lovely colors. I need to get busy on some. My legs as well as my little one could use some woolies to keep them warm.

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings, Elizabeth

Val a dit...

What lovely shaded yarn..thanks for the info on the knitting book 'easy and quick to knit ' sounds my cup of tea :0)

Pattycake Manners a dit...

What beautiful yarns! And I can't wait until my little people are old in enough for Little House books!!

Kathryn a dit...

All your knits are lovely, I especially like the chroma yarn and baby hat!
I've re-read that series countless times, but my most favorite is Farmer Boy!

Lydia a dit...

The pearl buttons on Toby's hat are such a nice touch. I love leg warmers! I've worn mine almost everyday and can't wait to get the others! :)

Love,
Lydia

P.S Thank you for putting up pictures of Toby, I had not seen any until you put those up.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen a dit...

What terrific names for the yarn, I especially like New England and Mesa. So pretty!

Molly Melnick a dit...

Very nice leg warmers. I just finished a pair for myself and I wear them around the house all the time. I have not had the courage to wear them outside yet.
Lisa

Sara a dit...

The leg warmers are gorgeous... love the softness and those beautiful colors. And Tobias's hat is lovely (as is he)!

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !