mercredi, janvier 12, 2011

Yarn Along (Jannuary, 12, 2011)

I am finally able to join Ginny's Yarn Along this week.  December was filled with knitting secrets for Christmas, therefore not a very good time to participate.  Although this is a birthday present I just finished today for Kelly, I can safely post it here since it is on its way to her house as I write this. 

The scarf is from the book Knitted Gifts, by Ann Budd.   The lace is a traditional Estonian pattern called piibelehtkiri (lily of the valley).  The yarn is Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn from Knit Picks in Springtime, just the right shades of green for this lovely pattern.  Kelly had commented on how she loved the color when I was working on Ivy, the little monster from my first Yarn Along post

Here it is still on the needles this morning.


Washed and blocked tonight.





Lydia started to read this beautifully illustrated version of Peter Pan to the youngest boys when she was home for the holidays.  She and Raphael went back to school last Sunday (sniff, sniff), so I will be taking over and finish the last seven chapters for them.

5 commentaires:

Kimberlee a dit...

Beautiful scarf, Louise! Love the lace and the lovely color. The book looks fabulous as well - I might have to go hunting for that one.

Wendy a dit...

Stunning book illustrations--they look so warm!

Nadja a dit...

I haven't learned to knit lace yet--it intimidates me! I love the spring green of the scarf. And I have put the Peter Pan on my Amazon Wish List--the illustrations are so beautiful!

Shannon a dit...

Kelly called me this morning and was telling me about the scarf! It's beautiful. The second illistration of Peter Pan looks like Raphael a little at a glance!

Anonyme a dit...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! The lace and the color and the name are so perfect together.

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !