vendredi, juillet 06, 2007

Summer is...

For blueberry muffins with frosty, cold goat milk for a snack. The muffins recipe is from William-Sonoma Bread.



Summer version of spring cleaning since last May with the wedding prep we were too busy to deep clean.



The little boys bedroom is newly decked with a sailing theme.

I love the airy, breezy look given by the silk.




Lydia's room is sweet and gentle looking, just like she is.


I don't have time today, but later I'll show you our learning room and my bedroom with my new sewing corner.

10 commentaires:

Apostle to Suburbia a dit...

What lucky children to have such a happy Waldorf-y room! I love these photos. The top picture with the muffins is just like a magazine cover. Is that pitcher enamelled? Very sweet! I love blue and white too. I have been thinking lately that "romance" as a decorative element is missing from my home. But how to add something more feminine without alienating my "I hate florals" husband? I was looking through a Pottery Barn catalog yesterday thinking, "Oh, this is just much too masculine." How to bring in the romantic look without going all shabby chic and toile, I wonder? Or does your husband not object to romantic deocrating?

Louise a dit...

Leeann, yes the pitcher is enameled. I bought it a few years ago at Target. Beleive it or not it is made in Poland! I also have two lovely milk jars that match.
My dh is not very visual and doesn't really care if I add a feminine touch to the house. He also understands my needs for some laces and flowers in a house full of boys!

K a dit...

Hi Louise,
I just happened upon your blog through my sitemeter site, and all I could say was, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

What a beautiful blog and a beautiful home. I look forward to visiting more often!

Kristen Laurence a dit...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Alice Gunther a dit...

Beyond beautiful, Louise!!!

Suzanne Temple a dit...

Just gorgeous color all over your home. I love it.

Anonyme a dit...

what a beautiful blog!

Anonyme a dit...

Very pretty - I love the silks! And the light Anne-of-Green-Gables-ish curtains in Lydia's room.
Aren't you glad the heat seems to have broken a little, at last...

Sweetness and Light a dit...

Oh Louise, what beautiful, lovely inviting rooms you have created for your family, can I come and visit??? Many blessings!

Anonyme a dit...

I'm awfully fond of the sailing theme of the boys room! LOL! Looks great!

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !