Our computer crashed last week! I am hoping that this Yarn Along post will get me back into blogging a little more regularly. I want to participate again, like Lydia, to Ann's Multitudes on Mondays. And now that I have Elizabeth's book Small Steps for Catholic Moms it motivates me join her monthly Small Steps Together.
This week on my needles is a secret present for tomorrow's birthday girl. I will post pictures after her party, Saturday. Of course I am always working on more than one project and I couldn't wait to cast on this dreamy Midwinter Chroma fingering. I wanted something fairly simple, lacy and feminine. I choose Twilight from A Fine Fleece, a pattern easily memorized so that I can knit while praying or teaching.
The two books are very dear to my heart. Ann's deeply moving A Thousand Gifts is as Lydia says a must read! Ann's poetic blog is a rich banquet of words and pictures, go ahead and feast on it, it will fill you with grace. I read the first chapter while holding little Tobias on my chest... I ripping experience!
I finally have in my hands my dear friend Elizabeth's book Small Steps for Catholic Moms. The book itself is a treat to hold; it is velvety soft, reminding me of my gentle friend Elizabeth. Inside are words of wisdom from the saints; a quote a day, a prayer to meditate on these words, and a simple suggested action to put it all in practice. It is uncluttered, simple but profound. Let me also mention Elizabeth's blog, she so generously shares her gifts with us. I am forever thankful for her gentle presence in this world of harshness.
Books and knitting always come with tea... it's a given here. I am growing very fond of these two loose teas from the English Tea Store; Lady Londonderry, and Dorian Grey Blend. With a little half and half it's one of life simple pleasure.
Un Temps à Garder ... dans mon cœur. Réflexions sur ma famille, ma foi en quelques mots et de nombreuses images. A Time to Keep... in my heart. Musings about my family, my faith with a few words and many pictures.
S'abonner à :
Publier des commentaires (Atom)
-
Summer is... For blueberry muffins with frosty, cold goat milk for a snack. The muffins recipe is from William-Sonoma Bread . Summer version...
-
Another Yarn Along with Ginny. This week I knitted two hats for Tobias, one too small (he is wearing it in the pictures from my last post...
-
National Apron Day and Feast Day of St Matthias Today is National Apron Day ! Friends are sharing pictures of their aprons . I am a big ...
4 commentaires:
Beautiful scarf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Blogging.
The scarf is so pretty. I like to drink tea as I knit!
pretty scarf! I've read Elizabeth's blog for a couple of years now and have wondered several times about buying her book. I'm not Catholic; thus my hesitation.... I have her first book and I think it is the most 'bookmarked' book in my little library.
Your knitting is lovely, as always! The colors are gorgeous in the yarn. Your teacup is a treat itself, and the English Tea Store is the best! I recently tried another brand (off of Amazon to save on shipping) and am kicking myself as we slog through two pounds of inferior tea - silly me.
Publier un commentaire