mercredi, février 01, 2012

Yarn Along, February First


I can't believe it's been almost six months since my last post!  A Yarn Along seems like a good way to get myself back into blogging.


I took this picture this morning, before I finished Laurence's Robin Hood  sweater.  This was an old UFO (UnFinished Object) I started last year.  It's a good thing I got it off the needles, because he almost outgrew it.  When I picked it up again a few weeks ago, it was sleeveless and hood less.  I had to add a few inches to the sleeves and a few increases to the hood.  I used Wool of the Andes in Forest Heather for the body and sleeves, and Swish in Merlot Heather for the trims and the hood.  Swish, a machine washable merino,  is wonderfully soft around the face.


Here is Laurence reading a favorite Moomintroll book.  We had some old, old well loved tattered copies of the Moominland books, that I replaced with nice crisp ones last Fall.  As I type he is still engrossed in his reading, wearing his sweater despite the fact that it is nearly seventy degrees outside. 




I am reading St Theresa of Avila, The Book of Her Foundations, a study guide by Marc Foley OCD, in preparation for the OCDS class (Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites) I will be facilitating this Saturday.   A kind member of our community let be borrow her copy.  Hopefully, this month I'll be able to purchase the Third Volume of Theresa Collected Works that includes her poetry as well as The Book of Her Foundations.

I have knitted dozens of things since my last Yarn Along.  One day I'll update my Ravelry page, but this is a project that would take quite some time.  Maybe, I should try to start with my most recent projects.  That is, if I remembered to take some pictures before giving them away.   Just today I sent Lydia a box with her Terra Shawl, only to realized later that I had no picture of it.  I am sure she will, and if she post it on her blog, I'll send a link to it.

Pictured with the book is my Peery Flooers.  I just had to show it to you, although I knitted it in November.  Actually, it only took me a few days to make it, this pattern is so addictive.  I used Palette, the color combinations could be endless, I would knit a dozen different ones if I had time.

You probably have notice that I knit almost exclusively with Knit Picks yarn.  Just in case you wondered, here are my reasons.  First I love their yarn.  I am sure I would love many other brands, but Knit Picks is affordable (a very important factor here) and dependable.  It is easy for me to keep up with what is new and I have a nice stash of my favorites.  It is a one stop shopping with free shipping over $50.  Frankly, I do not want to spend more time searching for yarn than knitting with it.  This is how I keep my knitting purchases simple.  It works for me, I am happy with it.

Happy knitting and reading!  It's good to be back.


Hat tip to Lydia.

And also as Lydia reminds us...

2 commentaires:

Cheryl a dit...

We're going through the Moomintroll series for the first time and loving it. I love Knitpick yarns. I quite understand your liking for them!

Lydia a dit...

How exciting to see a new post! :)
Laurence's sweater looks really good. I like the photo where we can see the teacup in the background.
I can't wait to see the shawl!! And I certainly will take a picture, probably many pictures, of it when I get it. :)

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !