mercredi, juillet 20, 2011

Yarn Along; One To Eyre finished another one started

Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

                                                                                 from Ginny's blog Small Things



I finished my City Tweed To Eyre.  It is beautiful!  Lydia tried it on and it looked so pretty on her, I just had to cast one for her too.  I have plenty of Wool of the Andes in Sapphire Heather that looks lovely on her.


As for my other To Eyre, I am waiting for more yarn to come; hopefully by the end of the week.  I thought I would have enough with one skein, but now I see that I will need more.  Since the yarn is hand painted, I want to see if it will match the new skein before I knit any further.  

I am reading The Way to Perfection by St Theresa of Avila, along with Secular Discarded Carmelite all over the world, as we prepare for the 500th anniversary of her birth in 2015.   This Sunday will be a very special day, as I will be making my Definitive Promises.  

I am not drinking as much tea as I do during cooler months but I still drink at least a cup a day.  In the picture above is my cup of Angel's Dreams tea with a splash of Honey Bear milk.  You are probably wondering, what on earth is Honey Bear milk?  Honey Bear is our newest Nubian Goat nanny.  We just bought her Sunday along with a young, four-month-old male.  And no, we will not call her Honey Bear like her previous owner did.  Lydia and I decided to call her Tasha, in memory of Tasha Tudor, who after all is the reason we own Nubian Goats.  I read in Tasha Tudor's Heirloom Crafts that Tasha, when breeding goats, seemed to strive for shades of brown, similar to the coloration and markings of deer.  Just look at our sweet new goat. Isn't she just perfect?  

Lydia is knitting a Scalene scarf in Giant Peach Imagination, and Conch Palette, it is nestled in the little basket.  She made some delicious gingerbread from The Tasha Tudor's Cookbook, perfect with a glass of cold milk from our sweet Tasha.

I pulled out some books by our beloved Tasha Tudor as well as some of Patricia Polacco's books.  Caleb, our new baby goat, looks like he jumped right out of G is for Goat.



To redeem myself for posting pictures of goats in a Yarn Along post let me show you what else this goat lady had for sale.  And no, I did buy any, but oh the temptation!  



5 commentaires:

Kerri Warmus a dit...

I have never seen a cuter goat in all my life. When I was a child, I raised goats for the Heifer Project International and they were always such delightful creatures.

Madeleine Sara a dit...

Cute goat pics. Absolutely lovely knitted garment. Intriguing reads. Sound quite thought provoking.

Kathy a dit...

Beautiful shawl -- I love the colors of both. I'm planning to knit a shawl using Wool of the Andes this fall and look forward to some cozy knitting time (and cozy wearing later!). And I adore Patricia Polacco's books. (And goats!)

Ellen a dit...

The shawl is beautiful. I bookmarked it on Ravelry for future projects. I joined in the ya yesterday - first time. It's fun to see what others are knitting & reading.

Oh, and are those little chocolate cakes I spot on your table?

Louise a dit...

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Ellen, it looks like blogger ate the part I mentioned the gingerbread ;o). I even had the cookbook linked to amazon. I went ahead and added the info back to my post.

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !