Happy Birthday dearest Lydia!
Who shall tell of the pleasures of flight!
Springing, and spurning the tufts of wild heather,
Sweeping, wide-winged, through the blue dome of light.
Everything mortal as moments immortal,
swift and God-gifted, immeasurably bright.
Amy Lowell, "A Winter Ride"
from A dome of Many Coloured Glasses
Quote from She Flies Without Wings, How Horses Touch A Woman's Soul, Mary D. Midkiff

Training Arabella using Parelli's method.
The Parelli method allows horse lovers at all levels and disciplines to achieve: success without force, partnership without dominance, teamwork without fear, willingness without intimidation, and harmony without coercion. (from the Parelli's website)

Courage, wisdom born of insight and humility, empathy born of compassion and love, all can be bequeathed by a horse to his rider. - Charles de Kunffy
From If I had a Horse, by Melissa Sovey-Nelson

He moved like a dancer, which is not surprising: a horse is a beautiful animal, but it is perhaps most remarkable because it moves as if it always hears music. Marc Helprin, A Winter's Tale
Quote from She Flies Without Wings, How Horses Touch A Woman's Soul, Mary D. Midkiff

Remember last year? I never posted these pictures of your eighteen birthday. I hope they bring sweet memories, and make you smile.




2 commentaires:
Ooh love the photos. This is the first time I've seen the ones from last year - that was such a gorgeous day!
Oooh! Thank you for the lovely post!!!
The pictures from last year are so pretty...those cheese cakes were very yummy, to bad I couldn't make one this year.
Publier un commentaire