jeudi, juin 19, 2008

Tasha Tudor, August 28, 1915 - June 18, 2008

Tasha Tudor, our beloved author and illustrated passed away yesterday.


There is an appointed time for everything;
and a time for every affair under the heavens.
A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to to uproot the plant.
A time to kill, and a time to heal ;
a time to tear down, and a time to build.
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones; and a time to gather them;
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embraces.
A time to seek and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away.
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
A time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

ecclesiastes 3:1-8





Tasha has long been an inspiration to me. This blog was named after her book, A Time To Keep.



Through the legacy of her books, she will live on. She will keep giving the peace, love, and simplicity that was the fabric of her life.


May she rest in peace.

2 commentaires:

Alice Gunther a dit...

I thought of you right away when I heard the news.

Apostle to Suburbia a dit...

A Time to Keep is one of my treasured childhood books. I always liked that I had the same birthdate as Tasha--although separated by several years!

Her painting of the birthday cake floating downriver is one of my favorites. I wonder if her home will become a living history type museum? How cool it would be to visit!

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !