mardi, janvier 22, 2008

Our Learning Room
Here is a tour of our cozy learning room for Winter 2008.




Since we are studying Ancient Greece, I put up a small timeline on the wall near the maps. I use this room mostly for the three youngest, the oldest do their school work in their room or at the kitchen table.


The three magazine boxes on the shelves contain color coded notebooks, yellow for Laurence, green for Dominique, and blue for Matthias. Beneath the math gnomes, two wooden Math-U-See boxes neatly hold our wooden cuisenaire and base ten blocks. Beside is a basket with pattern blocks.




Over the table where Matthias and Dominique do their schoolwork are a few shelves for various supplies. The tins are adorned with Jill Barklem's wee Brambley Hedge world.


Hanging under the shelves is our homemade movable alphabet. On the table sitting in a wooden box are three clipboards with weekly assingments, ready to be consulted and marked off as each assingment is completed. Tucked inside the Flower Fairies tin box are Jan Brett's sign language alphabet flashcards. I made a few mats in diferent sizes to use with the movable alphabet, flashcards, and other sets of montessori cards, fold up they fit nicely in a napkin holder.




A basket on the wall holds items we use during our morning rosary time.


I like to have theme book baskets, here is our Fairy Tales book basket. Although you can only see a bit of the leg, Laurence's small desk stand right beside it.

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

I have so enjoyed your blog! There is much I don't know about the Catholic faith and your pictures and blog really help me focus on the practical, day to day living out of my faith. Thank you!

Apostle to Suburbia a dit...

Are all your main rooms blue? I love that color. What a nice school room. Maybe someday I'll make mine look so nice. Thanks for the glimpse!

Louise a dit...

Thanks for the comments!
Leeann, Most of our rooms are a different shade of light blue. The bathroom is white, and the little boys room is bright yellow.

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !