mercredi, septembre 19, 2007

The Song of the Acorn Fairy
To English folk the mighty oak
Is England's noblest tree;
Its hard-grained wood is strong and good
As English hearts can be.
And would you know how oak-trees grow,
The secret might be told:
You do but need to plant for seed
One acorn in the mould;
For even so, long years ago,
Were born the oaks of old.
Inspired by friends, we are hopping along on a little rabbit trail down Fairy Land. This morning, while the children were out doing chores, I started to sketch Cicely Mary Barker's Acorn Fairy. After lunch, I put the finishing touch with watercolor pencils. It has been ages since I'd picked up a pencil to draw... I think this got me started. o;)
I just changed the picture on my header to Cicely Baker's Good Shepherd, the same picture that was on my first blog, École Buissonnière.

5 commentaires:

Lisa a dit...

Lovely sketch; you're so good! Wouldn't know you weren't in great practice. This is a lovely rabbit trail...

Jane a dit...

Have fun with your drawing! And I love the the new header picture, too.

Suzanne Temple a dit...

Just lovely.

Anonyme a dit...

It's absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.

Elizabeth Foss a dit...

Oh hooray! Now we'll see you on the trail!

Joyeux 40e Anniversaire Xavier !